|Mr. Louis Schweitzer, Chairman and CEO of Renault, and Mr.
Yoshikazu Hanawa, Chairman, President and CEO of Nissan, jointly appointed the 10
international personalities who will form the Alliance's International Advisory Board
provided for in the agreements signed between Renault and Nissan on March 27, 1999. The
Board will hold its first meeting on April 20, 2000, and will then meet at least twice a
year. Co-chaired by Messrs. Schweitzer and Hanawa, it's mission is to provide ideas, views
and knowledge in order to guide the Renault-Nissan Alliance's global strategy.
and Nissan had decided when they signed their agreement on March 27, 1999, to provide the
Alliance with an International Advisory Board composed of highly qualified international
personalities. Mr. Louis Schweitzer, Chairman and CEO of Renault, and Mr. Yoshikazu
Hanawa, Chairman, President and CEO of Nissan, appointed the 10 personalities who will
form this Board under their co-chairmanship. The members of the IAB are the following:
- Mr. Paul Allaire, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Xerox Corporation (USA)
- Mr. Pierre Bilger, Chairman and CEO of Alstom (France)
- Mr. Jean-Claude Casanova, Member of the Institut de France (France)
- Mr. Shinji Fukukawa, Chairman of the Dentsu Institute for Human Studies (Japan)
- Mr. Pehr G.Gyllenhammar, Chairman of CGU (UK)
- Mr. Toru Hashimoto, Chairman of the Board of Fuji Bank, Limited (Japan)
- Mr. Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière, Chairman and CEO of Fimalac (France)
- Dr Iwao Nakatani, Professor, Tama University (Chief Counselor of SRIC Corporation,
effective April 1, 2000) (Japan)
- Mr. Frank N.Newman, Chairman Emeritus of Bankers Trust Corporation (USA)
- Mr. Morris Tabaksblat, Chairman of Reed Elsevier (the Netherlands)
The above key figures were chosen for their experience, expertise and independence.
The International Advisory Board will be co-chaired by Mr. Schweitzer and Mr. Hanawa.
The Board will hold its first meeting on April 20, 2000, in Paris. It will meet at least
twice a year at a venue defined by the Chairmen. The Board will exchange ideas, views,
opinions and knowledge liable to have an influence on the major strategic decisions of the
Alliance. Its members will make recommendations and proposals to the Chairmen with respect
to the evolution of the Alliance. The Board will maintain an ongoing discussion forum with
a view to identifying new approaches, solutions and synergies capable of enhancing the
competitive strengths and development of the Alliance.
(March 30, 2000)